Rich Finlinson - KG7DEN attended a gathering at the Utah Digital Government Summit, where survival expert, Josh Bernstein gave a presentation. Here are a couple of Rich's notes.
Survival Rules of Three:
You can survive roughly…
- 30 seconds without taking a breath*
- 3 minutes without a heartbeat
- 3 hours in very hot or cold conditions
- 3 days without water
- 3 weeks without food
- 3 months without companionship
*Now my 2 cents: You can also breathe underwater all you want, as long as you only exhale. If you know you can resurface, you'll be much more comfortable slowly exhaling rather than trying to hold your breath.
Six Guidelines for Survival:
- Establish and respect priorities.
- Eliminate unhelpful concerns.
- Focus on your needs.
- Do more with less.
- If need be, do less with less.
- Never give up.
More about Josh Bernstein here:
Josh Bernstein is an American explorer, author, survival expert, anthropologist, and TV host best known as the host of Digging for the Truth. He later appeared for one season as the host of the Discovery Channel's Into the Unknown with Josh Bernstein.