Check this out for protecting your home canning...
A JarBOX is a specially-designed plastic container to help you preserve your preserves. It can be used as a one-piece tote or two totes put together make a JarBOX.
Reasons to use the JarBox system:
- If a jar leaks, the bottom or side won't fall out of JarBOX.
- Mice and bugs will have a VERY difficult time trying to nest in with your jars.
- You can put JarBOXes in your root cellar.
- You can CLEAN JarBOXes.
- Jars closed in a JarBOX cannot contact each other -- even shaken side to side or upside down.
- They stack.
- They nest.
- They are mobile.
- They prevent breakage.
- They are designed to be heirlooms!